Tips for the Weekend

Oh man I completely screwed up yesterday. Sorry for that.
I have tried to find a uniform way of presenting my predictions, this is the result so far.
I will split up the selected matches per country. First I will name the match with between brackets the place of each time in the league. The team I expects to win will be highlighted in green, if I predict a draw no team will have a color. After this on the same line you can find between brackets the head-2-head information (home team won, draw, away team won). In the next bracket you can find a quotation of a bookmaker. (1 / x / 2)
I hope you find this presentation easy to read if not let me know (via a comment).

But with renewed confidence I present you the bets I will play this weekend:

Belgium: Jupiler League (Oh I love this beer)
Beveren (16) - AA Gent (7) (0,4,6) (3.15/3.3/2.15)
While Beveren is at the bottom of the league, they won 3 of their 5 last matches at home. On the other side Gent didn't loose there 6 last matches. And I believe strongly that they will extend this.
STVV (17) - Lierse (18) (8,1,3) (1.7 / 3.4 / 5)
The head coach of STVV resigned last Wednesday because he felt that not all players believed in him anymore. The players now have to prove themselves. Lierse on the other side gained their second point last weekend. I believe that the basis quality of the players of STVV is better than this of Lierse. I predict an easy victory of STVV.

Germany: Bundesliga
Werder Bremen (1) - Borussia Dortmund (10) (7,3,3) (1.55 / 3.7 /6.25)
This could be the last match for coach Van Marwijk of Dortmund. After a good start of the season, Dortmund is slipping to an unacceptable place within the league. Werder on the other side hasn't lost their for more than 10 games. While statistics then tell us that the first defeat is coming nearer and nearer, I don't believe that it will happen this week.
Hertha Berlin (4) - Bochum (18) (3,3,0) (1.55 / 3.65 / 6.40)
Hertha is playing on a cloud at the moment, while Bochum is struggling with themselves. Hertha did not loose at home this season. Even more they were able of scoring at least 2 times in their last 6 home games. Bochum plays away better than at home but I don't think that they will be able to steal some points away from Hertha, who's objective it is to end at a CL place.

England: Premier League
Blackburn (13) - Manchester United (1) (4,4,5) (6.00 / 3.65 / 1.57)
Manchester had a surprising defeat in the league cup. Man U is eager to win the title again. Winning away at Blackburn is necessary with the knowledge that Chelsea has to play at home against Watford.

Netherlands: Eredivisie
Roda JC (7) - RKC Waalwijk (16) (7,3,3) (1.55 / 3.45 / 6)
Roda lost an important game last week against Groningen, while RKC lost from AZ. During the Cup RKC had to play extra time against Feyenoord, while Roda has an easy game against an amateur team. Roda is playing their best season since long time but after the defeat at Groningen a home win is expected by the board.

Spain: Primera Division
Valencia (5) - Athletic de Bilboa (17) (10,3,0) (1.45 / 3.15 / 3.35)
It is since may from last season that a team was capable of stealing some points in Valencia. An impressive run in the Primera Division. Bilboa did not loose their last 2 visits in Valencia but I don't give them a chance this time.
Barcelona (2) - Real Zaragoza (3) (11,2,1) (1.50 / 3.65 / 7.50)
While this is the clash of the weekend in the Primera Division I don't see how Zaragoza will score in Camp Nou! It is from May last year ago that Barcelona was not capable of scoring in a home game and that was against AC Milan. I predict an easy victory for Barcelona, who gave some star players rest during the cup match.

Now there is the difficult task of creating my combinations. I have selected 8 matches, so I will go for three combination ( 2x3 and 1x2).

My combinations (only the winning teams are mentioned)
AA Gent, Manchester United -> 3.38 pay-out on a 1 euro bet.
Werder, Roda, Valencia ->3.48 pay-out on a 1 euro bet.
Barcelona, Hertha, STVV -> 3.95 pay-out on a 1 euro bet.

Please let me know if you play another combination based on my input. Would appreciate it a lot.

My stats dropped dramatically after tonight!

Pred Won Lost %
Football 14 8 6 57,14286
Tennis 6 5 1 83,33333
Total 20 13 7 65

Good Luck,
Dremeber

No comments: