WTA championship

A small side step today. Besides football I think I have knowledge of Tennis.
Today the WTA championships will start in Madrid. I consider this one of the most existing tournaments within the tour.

The tournament is played in 2 groups, with round robin principle.

The red group:
Henin, Petrova, Hingis, Mauresmo
The yellow group:
Clijsters, Kuznetsova, Dementieva, Sharapova

In the Red group I see Henin and Petrova go to the next round.
In the Yellow group I go for Sharapova and Clijsters.

Matches today
Mauresmo - Petrova:
The number one of the world against number 5. Mauresmo leads 5-2 in the head to head confrontations. If we only look at the matches from this year, Mauresmo leads 2-1. Petrova reached the final of the 3 last tournaments she played in. Mauresmo was not able the reach the semis in her last 2 tournaments. While all the bookmakers favor Mauresmo, I would bet on Petrova.

Sharapova - Dementieva
While there is no easy money in sportsbetting, this one comes really close. Sharapova won the last 2 tournaments she played while Dementieve lost her first match in Zurich against Srebotnik. Head 2 head Sharapova leads 5-2.

Henin - Hingis
No idea. Hingis leads head 2 head with 2-1. But Henin claims to be fit and can win against everybody in the tour. For this match you may forget the head 2 head statistics cause the 2 matches Hingis won are from 2000. Cause I'm from Belgium myself I favor Henin.

This combination has for the moment a Pay-out of 3,30 euro. But I will not play it, if everyone else does, please let me know the pay-out.

Gr,
Dremeber

No comments: